Public Hearings Begin this Week
The Federal Railroad Administration will hold eleven public hearings on the Tier 1 Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) between December 9, 2015 and January 20, 2016. We hope you will join us to help decide on the best future for the Northeast Corridor rail line!
The first five hearings will be held in December as follows. Please note: the New York, NY hearing will be held on Tuesday, December 15, not on December 14th as originally posted on the website.
- 12/9 - Boston, MA, Back Bay Events Center, 180 Berkeley Street
- 12/14 - New Haven, CT, Gateway Community College, 20 Church Street
- 12/15 - New York, NY, CUNY Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue (at 34th Street)
- 12/16 - Washington, DC, Hall of States, 444 North Capitol Street, NW
- 12/17 - Providence, RI, Rhode Island Dept. of Administration, One Capitol Hill
All hearings are from 4:00-7:00 p.m. with brief presentations at 4:30 and 6:00 p.m.
Please visit www.necfuture.com for information on the hearings in January, and to review the Tier 1 Draft EIS or comment online. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the important decisions ahead.
Fall Newsletter Available
The Fall 2015 NEC FUTURE newsletter is available online at the link below. This issue highlights the release of the Tier 1 Draft EIS, key findings of the environmental review, the upcoming public hearings and next steps.
We look forward to your feedback and continued involvement.
NEC FUTURE Team